Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Then vs Now: Note from the Authoress

Hey Y'all!

As always I want to extend a deep and heartfelt thank you. You'll never know how pleased it makes me to know I have readers and fans who enjoy my work. Thank you.

I don't know why, but I just wanted to comment on how it seems to me how things have changed in the last ten years, particularly how I've grown as a writer when it comes to my 3T fan fiction.
I've been writing since I was 9 years old and started off with the best of the best, the King of Entertainment, Michael Jackson, of course.
♥ Michael Jackson ♥ - on set of Scream short film:
I was into Michael three years before 3T came on the scene in 1998 when I was 12. I saw them in a documentary and I remember soon after I gave them a cameo in a Michael story I wrote as part of a party scene. And I mangled the spelling of Taryll's name horribly.
 :
But at the time, I was more focused on Michael, they kind of fell under the radar for me for a while. It wasn't until Michael went on sabbatical after his trial that I started looking into 3T and wanting learn more about them and their music and it kind of skyrocketed from there.

2002 photo shoot:

My mother was kind and indulged me, buying their cds and things. LOL
And I remember back in 2005/2006 following them on Myspace, never got a message. Twitter is better now.
Nowadays, in addition to my blog I do run a fanclub for 3T on Facebook. Ten years ago it was a Yahoo group. I reckon I'm not happy unless I'm running something. LOL. Anyway, ten years ago is when I started trying my hand at writing 3T fiction because there was very little and what I read was...if I can be frank, it was crap.
No organization, no plot, nothing. Just a very flat sex scene and that was it.
So, at 19 I threw my hat in the ring My stories from then are embarrassing. Less than 10 pages with a paragraph for a love scene. But you could see the beginnings of where I am now with better developed characters and plots and much more involved love scenes.
Also back then I really did burn myself out on 3T.
Now, if I'm lucky, I can do two stories a month, and I usually move around on which member or members of the group I use and what year I use. (I also have more freedom in using 3T past the year 2008 because I stop at that year with Michael Jackson for obvious reasons)
And I remember rather than switching around back 10 years ago, I'd declare an entire month for one of the Teez, like Taryll month or Taj month, and writing stories only about them. I was popping out a story a WEEK. Little 6 page numbers.
I kind of cringe when I see them now, but some of them were good ideas and I am currently revamping several of them with my better brand of skill now.
A lot happened in ten years, I went back to writing about Michael and in that time I did grow and hone my craft to what's being read now and I'm sure in another 10 years it'll be different yet again.
The Jacksons: Next Generation (Lifetime-October 2, 2015) the new reality show follows the sons of Tito Jackson, Michael Jackson's brother. Watch Taj, Taryll and TJ as they struggle to balance their career and person lives.:
Following Jacksons Next Generation, my interest was rekindled and a lot of my friends were into 3T and I decided to dabble again to great reviews.
I've learned a lot in the last ten years and the most important lesson is to not try to paint myself in a box. Now I couldn't possibly fire off a story EVERY week. I'd have migraines to kill me.
On a whim I popped out a Taryll story Unmentionables in 48 hours. After that I had a migraine put me to bed for 72 hours. Frankly I did it because I heard Stephen King wrote one of his novels in three days. I'll never do that again.
I've learned to take my time, not rush myself, and everything is fine.
I like my writing much better, and I enjoy the process, even if it does seem I get manic on Twitter as I'm working on a story. (I apologize to my tweeps for that. LOL)

I just wanted to comment on that, as it crossed my mind.

Thank you for reading and more stories are always being worked on!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for giving us such great content!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daijon!

      Thanks so much for your support and for reading the stories I write. I really truly appreciate it. Thank you!

      Delete