Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I Don't Know Where My Head Is!

(Listening to Don't Be Messin' Round by MJ)

Hey Y'all!

Like the title states, I have no idea where my head is! I have a really great idea for a new story--I don't want to spoil it giving up the details, but have I ever disappointed you? It's one hell of a wang-dang-doodle. it's gonna be a lulu.
Anyway initially I had wanted to use a younger Michael Jackson, around the OTW era, and I had even went so far as to select a picture off of which to base his appearance in the story.
But one morning I woke up and decided that this younger Michael is a bit too young. And that I kind of wanted him a bit older. In my mind, I wanted him older than OTW but younger than BOTDF. Which is kind of a broad span, I know but I wanted something older. I don't like to repeat eras back to back, so it will not be a History Michael like in Fright Night.
At the moment, I'm considering Thriller, "Thrad" and Bad era Michaels.



I pulled several pictures to look over and will compare it to the original OTW picture and see what I like best.
That's just how my thought process is. I can't control it, that's just how it happens when I'm trying to picture things.
The fight with the eras also kind of messes me up, because I cast Michael's brother Jermaine in a "non-sexual cameo" role, and if I make Michael older and change his looks, I have to keep track of his appearance. (Lucky for me, he's looked the same for about the last 20-25 years!)
It's just all a bit of a challenge for me because with my particular storylines, Michael's look is as important as what happens in the story.
At least to me as the authoress, it's important. I will never attatch Michael's name to anything half-assed. I can promise you that.

No comments:

Post a Comment